We feel like it has been forever since our last chat, but we have been busy preparing for the summer season. We are excited to welcome five groups to experience the Cowboy Way at Fish and Cross Ranch this summer. If you hop over to our staff page you can meet our new summer director, Jenai Kostenko, and learn about our wranglers who will be serving our campers during their adventure with OFC.
As we enter into this summer season we ask that you would join us in praying for our staff and the groups who will be making the journey to Yampa, Colorado. We ask that you specifically pray for safe travels and open hearts for our campers. Below are the specific names of the groups coming in, along with things to be praying for:
- Boy Scouts from Chattanooga, TN - prayers for safe travels and a relaxing and fun filled week at the ranch. They will be partaking in team building activities, as well as, completing some projects for the ranch so be praying over safety and work ethics.
- Local Yampa, CO Retreat - we have the amazing opportunity to love on kids from the local town of Yampa. We pray for open hearts and minds while they spend time away from the families, just down the road, at OFC.
- Willow Points Baptist Church - Prayers for safety as they travel from Shreveport, Louisiana. Pray that God provides the right kids in the ability to be away from home. Pray that the staff can be examples of work ethic in what it takes to live our values like the Cowboy Code, balanced with being the hands of feet of Christ.
- Broadmoore Baptist Church - Prayers for safety as they return to the ranch from Shreveport, Louisiana. We are excited to have them back as one of our longstanding partnerships. We are excited to minister to the next group of young people from this church and we pray that there would be an out pouring of love and interactions with the Holy Spirit.
- Focus on the Family Colorado Adventure - As our Father/Son, Father/Daughter retreat of the summer, we pray that families would be able to reconnect with one another and enjoy the time creating memories at Fish and Cross Ranch. We look forward to partnering with Focus on the Family for this retreat and serving them as they experience the Cowboy Way. We pray for the retreat to fill and that God would place fathers, sons, and daughters at this retreat to impact them like only He can.
As we serve the campers over this summer we ask that you pray for extra energy to radiate from our staff. The enemy will do whatever he can to make a mess of things, and we pray that in the name of Jesus there would be no interference with these groups. The Lord continues to do amazing things through the ministry and your covering of prayer only strengthens the shield of faith. Thank you in advance for your prayers and thoughts during this summer season!
See you on the trail!
P.S. - Check our Facebook and Instagram pages for weekly updates on our groups and their experience at OFC.